2 certified organic or free range eggs
10 ml Organic Vanilla Extract
1 ½ medium Bananas
½ cup water
½ cup nut milk
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 heaped tsp organic ground cinnamon (or to taste - optional)
Your choice of toppings - we used nut butter and fresh bananas
5 Heaped tablespoons The Wholefood Pantry Buckwheat Flour
45 g Clean Protein Exotic Vanilla
The Wholefood Pantry Coconut oil
1 generous pinch The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1. Roughly chop banana and place in a small saucepan with half the water (½ cup), simmer until the banana is completely tender and the water turns cloudy (5 mins roughly). This releases the sugars into the water to make for a better banana flavour and more naturally sweet pancake.
2. While the banana is simmering, place all dry ingredients into a bowl then stir together to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, place warm banana with liquid, vanilla and eggs. Stir to combine, then fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix through.
4. Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Reduce the temperature to low and brush the pan with a little coconut oil. Add ¼ cup of the batter and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until puffed and golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter. Divide the pancakes between serving plates and top with nut butter and fresh bananas.