1/2 head of cauliflower cut into florets
1 tsp pepper
1 cup of sushi rice
1 cup of Tamari
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated
1 sheet of nori cut into thin strips
Fresh accompaniments - we used:
1/2 cup of edamame
1 tbsp broth powder - Chicken Bone Broth Original or Vegetable Broth
1 cup The Wholefood Pantry Tapioca Flour
1 tsp The Wholefood Pantry Himalayan Salt
1 litre The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil (for frying)
1 tbsp of The Wholefood Pantry maple syrup
1. Cook rice to packet instructions. Once cooked, stir through 1 tbsp of sushi seasoning.
2. In a bowl, combine tamari, ginger and maple syrup. Add in cauliflower florets and marinate for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the oil ready to fry.
4. Mix the tapioca flour, broth powder, salt and pepper together, lay out in a tray and lightly coat the cauliflower.
5. Dunk florets the into the oil, fry for 2 minutes, then remove from oil for 30 seconds, then add to oil again for another minute, or until golden brown. Layout onto some paper towel.
6. While the karaage cauliflower is cooking, place the marinade in a small saucepan, add 1 tbsp of sushi seasoning, and cook on high heat until the marinade begins to bubble. Pour out into a dish and use as a dipping sauce.
7. Serve karaage cauliflower and sticky rice in bowls with avocado, nori, cucumber and edamame. Garnish with 1/2 lime.