2 bottles of red wine (we used a shiraz from Down the Rabbit Hole Wines)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 star anise
1 vanilla bean, halved lengthways
1/2 cup The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1. Peel large sections of peel from the oranges, lemon and lime.
2. Add maple to a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the pieces of peel and squeeze in the orange juice from both oranges.
3. Add the cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to the pan, then stir in just enough red wine to cover the maple.
4. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
5. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer, add the rest of the wine and star anise.
6. Slice the lemon and lime, add to the mixture.
7. After about 5 minutes, it should be heated but the alcohol should not be cooked off, ladle into a heatproof glass and serve.